Born and raised in Liverpool, now living in Mallorca, Emma has enjoyed more than twenty years in the music industry.
A professional songwriter, vocalist & musician available for studio sessions, cowriting, live performances, and remote sessions, she coaches clients (vocal technique and artist development), teaches music masterclasses and songwriting workshops, and tutors individual learners (strings, piano, music theory).
She has worked in the music industry since 1991 and toured extensively in the Contemporary & Classical fields. Highly-skilled and adaptable to all genres, Emma is open to myriad collaborations. She plays several instruments, but her specialities are vocals & strings (a classically-trained violinist, she also plays piano, trombone, viola, cello, and double bass).
Her other skills and experience include:
- Online promotion & marketing, SEO & social networking; ticket design; web design
- Creating databases of performers, venues, & key persons
- Creating performance & rehearsal schedules
- Tour support – engaging sound & light engineers, and other crew members
- Set-up & breakdown of equipment, inc. mic & backline positioning & monitoring
- Organisation of performers (sound check, stage slots)
- Presentation/hosting of events
- Liasing with band & venue management to facilitate smooth transition between performances; band riders.
Main singing styles and types of work:
House/Dance, Pop, Rock, Soul, Gospel, Jazz
Main types of work:
Freelance live work, songwriting, studio vocal sessions, voice coaching, instrumental tuition
Main Singing Styles:
Contemporary, breathy to belt, alto to mezzo soprano. Favourite genres: House, Rock, Pop
Violin, viola, cello, double bass, piano, guitar, electric bass, and trombone.